Richard Stebbins, JD, CFP(R)
- Academy of Financial Services
- American Council on Consumer Interests
- Financial Planning Association
- CSM 300 Time Value of Money
- Using a financial calculator, you'll learn to calculate all kinds of fun things!
- Present value! Future Value! Return! Payments! Time!
- CSM 404/504 Personal Investment Planning and Management
- In this course, you will learn and apply investment principles to household goals, taking into account time horizons, risk tolerance, and tax implications.
- You will also learn to create and manage a diversified investment portfolio by using different types of asset classes, asset allocation, and security selection to meet client/personal goals.
- CSM 410/510 Personal Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits
- Nobody wants to eat cat food in retirement. This class will teach you how to avoid that by maximizing the return on your retirement dollars and taking advantage of employee benefits before you retire.
- CSM 420/520 Personal Estate Planning
- We're all going to die!
- Estate planning is more about avoiding chaos and conflict among your loved ones after death than tax considerations. You'll also learn about tax considerations.
- You will learn how to use trusts to privately pass assets to intended heirs without nosy neighbors coming to hit up your heirs for a loan because you avoided the public probate process.
- You will also learn how to manage health care directives and powers of attorney during life so a trusted friend/loved one can help manage affairs in case of incapacitaty or if you just want to give someone the power to sign a specific document while you're on vacation.
- CSM 459/559 Financial Counseling
- In this course, you will learn the indicators, causes, and impact of financial stress (and problems) on well being. This course emphasizes the fundamentals of counseling, communication, and ethics for those working in professional settings to help people achieve personal financial goals.